Thank you for your interest in the Reach Alliance. Recruitment for the 2022-23 Reach researcher cohort is now closed.
Previous Info Sessions:
- Dalla Lana School of Public Health – watch the recording here.
- U of T Mississauga – watch the recording here.
- U of T Scarborough – watch the recording here.
- Application Workshop – watch the recording here.
- Engineering – watch the recording here.
- Rotman – watch the recording here.
Join our mailing list to receive updates about our application opening here!
If you do not have a University of Toronto email because you will be registered as a new student in the upcoming year, please fill out a separate application here! Please save your documentation in a single PDF file (resume, unofficial transcript, annotated transcript, activity list) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org separately once you have completed the online application.
Online Application includes the following components:
1. Background information to help us learn more about you
2. Short Answer Questions (250-word count for each)
- Describe the most significant research experience that you have had to date. What role did you have in the project? What strategies did you use to work with co-researchers?
- Describe a time you challenged yourself by going outside your comfort zone. What was the risk? What was the outcome?
- Describe a time when you took the initiative to address an unmet need in a professional or academic setting. Why did the unmet need move you to action? What did you do? What was the impact?
- What interests you most about Reach?
3. Uploading Required Documentation
Please save the following documents in a single PDF file (resume, unofficial transcript, annotated transcript) and upload it on the online application before closing your browser. Applications must be completed in one session.
- Resume (2-page max): Outline your accomplishments, skills and abilities to date.
- Unofficial transcript. You can view and print your complete academic history by logging into ACORN and visiting the Academic History page.
- Annotated transcript (1-page max): Select five courses from your transcript that best reflect who you are as a student and explain why. Please also include the course title and grade that you received in each of the 5 courses. You can discuss the courses individually or collectively.
- Activity List 2022-23 (fall and winter): List of activities outside of your coursework you are engaged in or are exploring to engage in the 2022-23. The activities can be employment, practicum, student club, volunteer job, Research Assistantship, sports team, etc.
4. Optional Student Equity Survey
At the end of the application, applicants are invited to complete an optional Student Equity survey. Admissions decisions are not made based on the information collected in this survey. This survey supports the values outlined in our Equity Diversity and Inclusion Charter by helping us to better understand the diversity of our applicants and develop recruitment initiatives that support success and inclusion. This data will also help us to strengthen student recruitment efforts, access, and strategies to address and eliminate barriers to success within our processes. Participation in this data collection initiative is highly encouraged.
*Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply before the deadline because we will be conducting a rolling assessment of applications. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please have required documentation ready to upload (single pdf file containing your resume, unofficial transcript, annotated transcript and co-curricular activity list) and submit the form upon completion before closing your browser. Applications must be completed in one session. Make sure to click submit at the final step of the application. Once completed, you will receive a confirmation email that your application was successfully received.
Successful candidates will move forward to three rounds of interviews being conducted from May to June 2022.
Round One Interview: 30 min interviews (May 16 – May 31)
Round Two Interview: 30 min interviews (June 6 – 17)
Round Three Interview: 1 hour group discussion (June 20-23)
All applicants will receive a response from Reach by May 13, 2022.
The Reach Alliance is committed to building on initiatives that address systemic and structural barriers that impede access to opportunities for participation in the learning and scholarly activities as outlined in its Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Charter. If you require an accommodation to apply or participate in the interview process, please contact us at email@example.com.