Thank you for your interest in the Reach Alliance.
Applications for the 2024-25 cohort will be opening in December.
Previous Info Sessions:
- Dalla Lana School of Public Health – watch the recording here.
- U of T Mississauga – watch the recording here.
- U of T Scarborough – watch the recording here.
- Application Workshop – watch the recording here.
- Engineering – watch the recording here.
- Rotman – watch the recording here.
Join our mailing list to receive updates about our application opening here!
If you do not have a University of Toronto email because you will be registered as a new student in the upcoming year, please fill out a separate application here! Please save your documentation in a single PDF file (resume, unofficial transcript, annotated transcript, activity list) and email it to email@example.com separately once you have completed the online application.
Online Application includes the following components:
1. Background information to help us learn more about you
2. Short Answer Questions (250-word count for each)
- Describe the most significant leadership experience that you have had to date. Please share how this experience demonstrates one or more of the leadership characteristics listed on our website.
- Share an experience where you learned how to be open and aware of differences, fostered a sense of inclusion and appreciation of diversity with others. What did you take away from this experience?
- Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond your role and expectations. Why did you do this? What exactly did you do?
- Describe a time when a significant school project or personal plan did not go according to expectations. What was your action in response? How did you change course? What was the outcome?
- How do your future goals connect to the SDG’s? How does the Reach experience contribute to your future goals?
- How do you select your co-curricular activities?
3. Uploading Required Documentation
Please save the following documents in a single PDF file (resume, unofficial transcript, annotated transcript) and upload it on the online application before closing your browser. Applications must be completed in one session.
- Resume (2-page max): Outline your accomplishments, skills and abilities to date.
- Unofficial transcript. You can view and print your complete academic history by logging into ACORN and visiting the Academic History page.
- Annotated transcript (1-page max): Select five courses from your transcript that best reflect who you are as a student and explain why. Please also include the course title and grade that you received in each of the 5 courses. You can discuss the courses individually or collectively.
- Activity List 2023-24 (fall and winter): List of activities outside of your coursework you are engaged in or are exploring to engage in the 2022-23. The activities can be employment, practicum, student club, volunteer job, Research Assistantship, sports team, etc.
4. Optional Student Equity Survey
At the end of the application, applicants are invited to complete an optional Student Equity survey. Admissions decisions are not made based on the information collected in this survey. This survey supports the values outlined in our Equity Diversity and Inclusion Charter by helping us to better understand the diversity of our applicants and develop recruitment initiatives that support success and inclusion. This data will also help us to strengthen student recruitment efforts, access, and strategies to address and eliminate barriers to success within our processes. Participation in this data collection initiative is highly encouraged.
*Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply before the deadline because we will be conducting a rolling assessment of applications. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please have required documentation ready to upload (single pdf file containing your resume, unofficial transcript, annotated transcript and co-curricular activity list) and submit the form upon completion before closing your browser. Applications must be completed in one session. Make sure to click submit at the final step of the application. Once completed, you will receive a confirmation email that your application was successfully received.
All applicants will receive a response from Reach by February 26, 2023. Interviews will be held from March 6 – March 24, 2023.
The Reach Alliance is committed to building on initiatives that address systemic and structural barriers that impede access to opportunities for participation in the learning and scholarly activities as outlined in its Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Charter. If you require an accommodation to apply or participate in the interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.