Applications will be accepted through our online form until Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 11:59 pm ET.
Online Application includes the following components:
1. Background information to help us learn more about you
2. Short Answer Questions
- Describe the most significant research experience that you have had to date. What role did you have in the project? What strategies did you use to work with co-researchers?
- Describe a time you challenged yourself by going outside your comfort zone. What was the risk? What was the outcome?
- Describe a leadership role where you were responsible for organizing a group of people to achieve a common goal or task. How did you establish a goal (describe the steps)? What were the results? What challenges did you face within your group, and how did you resolve them?
- Describe a time when you took the initiative to address an unmet need in a professional or academic setting. Why did the unmet need move you to action? What did you do? What was the impact?
3. Uploading Required Documentation
- Resume (2-page max): Outline your accomplishments, skills and abilities to date.
- Unofficial transcript. You can view and print your complete academic history by logging into ACORN and visiting the Academic History page.
- Annotated transcript (1-page max): Select five courses from your transcript that best reflect who you are as a student and explain why. Please also include the course title and grade that you received in each of the 5 courses. You can discuss the courses individually or collectively.
*Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply before the deadline because we will be conducting a rolling assessment of applications. Late applications will not be accepted. Applications close Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 11:59 pm ET.
Please have required documentation ready to upload (resume, unofficial transcript, annotated transcript) and submit the form upon completion before closing your browser. Applications must be completed in one session. Make sure to click submit at the final step of the application. Once completed, you will receive a confirmation email that your application was successfully received.
At the end of the application, applicants are invited to complete an optional survey. Admissions decisions are not made based on the information collected in this survey. The data will be used to assess the effectiveness of various initiatives and programs aimed at increasing diversity in the Reach cohort.
There will be up to three rounds of interviews, occurring between May 24 and June 30, 2021. Applicants are expected to make themselves available for remote virtual interviews (via Zoom).
The Reach Alliance is committed to building on initiatives that address systemic and structural barriers that impede access to opportunities for participation in the learning and scholarly activities as outlined in its Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Charter. If you require an accommodation to apply or participate in the interview process, please contact us at email@example.com.